Sunday, March 21, 2010

Cheap Thrills





Raez of Cheap Thrills was kind enough to fill out a great Q&A. Be prepared for some words of wisdom.

What are your signature pieces/ traits? Combat boots, multiple rings, eyebrows;)

What does your current wishlist consist of? A nice sun hat, RayBan Aviators, super bright orange or fuchsia lipstick and lots of sheer tights.

Whose wardrobe would you steal besides the magical one in "The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe"? Atlanta de Cadanet, Hanne Gaby Odiele, and Abby Lee Kershaw!

Fashion inspirations? Models off duty more than the fashion shows themselves, as well as photography, magazine editorials, and other bloggers.

Favorite local shops? All the thrift stores and Rag pickers, Vintage Glory, Ruby Slippers.

How long have you been blogging? Two years.

What made you decide to start blogging? I started creating outfits on polyvore.com and that basically renewed my love for fashion and attraction to the glamour associated with it.

How do you think you became so loved in the fashion blogging world? Haha, I don't really know--I'd like to think it's my personality! I'm always true to myself and I inject a lot of my personality into my blog, not just what I wear. I think it's important to be relatable and friendly, and to be really involved with your readers. I see too many bloggers out there who have a fantastic style, but just aren't very "approachable". In reality though, I think people are more drawn to the pictures, music and/or makeup posts. I don't see a lot of blogs that do makeup posts, so I'm quite happy people have taken a liking to my makeup experimentations!

How do your friends and family support your blogging? My friends are totally cool and supportive of it all the way--and they love modeling for me whenever I want to do a shoot. My parents didn't know about my blog until just recently, but they're very supportive.

How long have you been interested in fashion? How did your interest develop? I remember being 10 years old and drawing outfits and flipping through magazines, while the other kids were playing on the playground. Fashion and being an individual always just felt so natural to me.

Where did you pick up your style? There's this quote I saw one time: "I am a combination of everyone I've ever met". I can't quite pinpoint who said it, but I can very much relate to that. I pick up little things from everyone I meet, from everywhere I go, and everything I see and make it my own.

Has blogging affected your career? Has it lead you in a new direction in life? Yes. If I had never started blogging, I never would have developed the distinct aesthetic for clothing and photography I have today. I've learned so much from the whole experience and have had the chance to get to know so many wonderful people via blogging. This blog has made me realize how a career in fashion is very possible for me in the near future, more than anything.

Best advice to fashion lovers, bloggers and non bloggers? Defy all rules. Put yourself out there. Stay true to you.

Personal benefits to blogging (can be immaterial or material). Personal growth. This blog has made me realize a lot and develop a lot more than just my personal style. It helped me know more about myself, as cheesy as it sounds. I'm better with knowing my strengths and weaknesses.

No comments:

Post a Comment