Sunday, June 13, 2010

Fashion Be Late


An insightful and fun interview from model, photographer, and blogger Heidi from Fashion Be Late.

What are your signature pieces / traits?
I wear a lot of black & white pieces, high-waisted skirts, floral dresses & cute platforms.

What does your current wishlist consist of?
Thigh-high leather boots, a beige trench coat & leopard print high-waisted shorts.

Whose wardrobe would you steal besides the magical one in "The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe"?
Kate Moss, definitely! I am in awe over everything she wears.

Fashion inspirations?
Kate Moss, Abbey Lee, Gemma Ward, Marloes Horst,

Favorite online shops?
Nasty Gal, ASOS, Topshop & Bardot.

Favorite local shops?
The local Westfield's & vintage markets.

How long have you been blogging?
I created my blog in November 2009 & have been blogging regularly ever since.

What made you decide to start blogging?
I have followed fashion & celebrity blogs for years now, came across Chictopia & decided that I would like to share my personal fashion & work as well.

How do you think you became so loved in the fashion blogging world?
I wouldn't say I am so loved, haha, but it's great to support each other & our blogs by leaving feedback, commenting, encouraging the people you follow.

How do your friends and family support your blogging?
My sister has a blog of her own, my cousins often check up on mine & my mum also likes to read through every now & again. They are very supportive & believe it's just me showing my creativity side.

How long have you been interested in fashion? How did your interest develop?
In the last few years I have become more interested in fashion the more I have started to model. I began to love shopping & putting together outfits. I was a tomboy growing up, but once I began modeling I started to create an open mind on outfits & over time my love has grown immensely for fashion & creativity.

Where did you pick up your style?
I think that over time I have just experimented with lots of different styles & picked out what I'm most comfortable in & what I love to wear. I still love to experiment though & always willing to try new things!

Has blogging affected your career? Has it lead you in a new direction in life?
I have been a photographer prior to blogging & since I started blogging, it has only increased my interest & passion for it. It has lead me more into fashion photography & given me far more inspiration & ideas.

Best advice to fashion lovers, bloggers and non bloggers?
Experiment with different styles & tastes of fashion. Wear clothing that compliments & is best for your figure. Do some research & get inspiration from fashion magazines, celebs, etc.

Personal benefits to blogging.
Blogging allows you to express your creative side, as well as allow you to keep up to date with people you admire. You can also make great friends in the fashion world.

1 comment: